presented by the
The Chipley Garden Club
& The Washington Co Historical Society
Saturday September 23, 2017
at the Chipley Farmers Market Complex
Clubs / Business : Adult : Youth
People's Choice : Garden Club Choice
Prize amounts are listed in the entry rules below
call 260-4049 for information
Chipley Garden Club?s 6th ANNUAL SCARECROW BUILDING CONTEST 8-2k16
Saturday, September 23, 2017
Registration/Scarecrow Installations ? 9:00AM-10:00AM
Scarecrow Field Opens for Viewing - 10 AM
Chipley Farmers Market Pavilion at the Old Train Depot on 7th Street
2017 OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. A COMPLETED ENTRY FORM must be turned in at registration on the day of the contest. Prior to the contest, entry forms/rules will be available at Washington Co. History Museum, Washington County Public Library ? Chipley Branch, online at www.washingtoncountyhistoricalsociety.com, or by calling 850-260-4049.
2. ENTRY FEE of $5 per SITE will be collected at registration on the day of the event. (Cash only, please!)
3. CATEGORIES: One category per entry must be selected upon registration. The three categories are: Youth (under 18 years of age), Adult or Business/Group.
4. ENTRIES: Entries should be life-size and can consist of one or more scarecrows. Related items may be used in the display. No live animal or person can be used in the display. Scarecrows must be in good taste and family-friendly. Entries that reflect controversial issues are not appropriate for this venue. Chipley Garden Club reserves the right to reject and/or remove any scarecrow deemed inappropriate or offensive. Their decision is final.
5. SETUP will be at the Chipley Farmers Market Pavilion/Washington County Historical Society Museum in downtown Chipley between 9:00AM - 10:00 AM on Saturday, September 23, 2017. Sites will be assigned at registration.
6. CONSTRUCTION: Scarecrows must be free-standing or sitting. You are responsible for providing all supports/seating for your entry. You CANNOT dig holes in the lawn. One (1) promotional/informational sign no larger than 16x20 may be included in each display. Electrical outlets are available.
7. JUDGING will take place Saturday, September 23, 2017 between Noon and 2 PM. The public may vote for ?People?s Choice Award? between 10 AM and 2 PM. The ?Garden Club Special Award? will be chosen by Chipley Garden Club. Chipley Garden Club members and their families are not eligible for the ?Chipley Garden Club Special Award?. All decisions are final.
8. WINNERS will be announced and awards presented at 3:30 PM by Chipley Garden Club at the gazebo. You do not have to be present to win. All decisions are final. The names of the winning entries will be also posted at Washington County Historical Society for one week following the event. Awards for each category are as follows:
Youth Category 1st Place - $75/Ribbon 2nd Place - $50/Certificate
Adult Category 1st Place - $75/Ribbon 2nd Place - $50/Certificate
Business/Club Category 1st Place ? Trophy and Certificate 2nd Place ? Trophy and Certificate
People?s Choice $50/ Certificate
Garden Club Special $25/ Certificate
Other Categories Funniest, Recycling, Most Unusual, Scariest, Animated - Certificates
9. PEOPLE?S CHOICE AWARD: ?People?s Choice? voting tickets will be available during the event ? 2 tickets for $1. The prize will be awarded to the entry receiving the most ticketed votes between 10 AM and 2 PM the day of the event.
10. REMOVAL: You are responsible for removal of your scarecrow after 4 PM on Saturday, September 23, 2017. Unclaimed scarecrows will be relocated and/or disposed of on Monday, October. Chipley Garden Club, Washington Co. Historical Society and the City of Chipley are not responsible for the security of any scarecrows on display.
11. PHOTOGRAPHS: Chipley Garden Club reserves the right to photograph entries for any promotional purpose. Photographs become the property of Chipley Garden Club and Washington Co. Historical Society.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS OR NEED MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CALL 850-260-4049 or 850-638-0358
Check the website at www.washingtoncountyhistoricalsociety.com
Chipley Garden Club/Washington Co. Historical Society
6th Scarecrow Building Contest
Saturday, September 23, 2017
Chipley Farmers Market Pavilion - Train Depot on 7th Street
$5 ENTRY FEE PAYABLE THE DAY OF THE EVENT
Entrant?s First & Last Name OR Business/Club/Organization/Candidate (include primary contact?s name)
City State Zip
Phone Number Email Address
Title of Your Scarecrow Entry (Not Required)_____________________________________________
CATEGORY ? Please Check Only One: ? YOUTH (Kids 18 or under)
? ADULT (18 or older) ? BUSINESS/GROUP
I have received and agree to all the 2016 Official Rules (on back) of the 4th Annual Scarecrow Building Contest.
Signed: _______________________________________________ Date:______________________________
Scarecrows registration/setup will be from 9:00AM until 10:00AM on Saturday September 23, 2017 at the Farmers Market at the Old Train Depot on 7th Street at The Craft Crows even..
$5.00 Entry Fee payable at registration the day of event!
Questions? Call 850-260-4049
Sponsored by Chipley Garden Club and Washington Co. Historical Society